1) How long have you been spinning/Knitting/Crocheting?
Three years knitting. The crocheting and spinning is newer...less than a year.
2) Do you consider yourself a beginner, novice, or experienced Yarn Artist?
I guess I'm of medium talent. I'm not afraid to try things that are difficult, but there are definitely things I haven't tried. But I'm the world's crappiest spinner.
3) What type of fibers have you worked with?
Working in a yarn store, I get to play with most fibers. Wool (duh), alpaca, cotton, bamboo, cashmere, linen.
4) What types are you dying to try?
I haven't knit with the quiviuk, but I think it feels divine. And I've never knit wiht camel.
5) Are you allergic to anything, (Fibers, Food, Smells that make you want to puke, etc.)?
I'm not allergic to anything. But I don't eat meat except seafood and chicken sometimes.
6) Do you have any Disorders, ex: Diabetes?
Is knitting addiction a disorder?
7) What is your Favorite Time/Style period, ex: Romatic, Grecian,Metal, Goth,etc?
I love the 80s. In a completely uncomplicated, free-from-irony way. Leg warmers, off-the-shoulder tops, and New Wave/punk music. But not the hair.
8) What fibers do you dislike?
I have enough cotton in my life. I need no more cotton.
9) Name some of your favorite Artist, Movie wise, Television if you watch it ex: I heart Keanu, some things cant be helped, and Rachel loves Mike Ness !?
I heart The Smiths and The Cure and The Clash and The Ramones The Pretenders and a long list of other bands that start with "The." I love Brat Pack movies, musicals from the 40s, 50s, and 60s and teen movie remakes of Shakespeare plays and Austen novels (Seriously, Clueless and 10 Things I Hate About You are two of my fave movies). I can't live without Joss Whedon television series.
10) Whos your favorite Character ex: Jack or Cpt Jack?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, although I'm pretty lukewarm about Sarah Michelle Gellar
11) Do you prefer natural colored fibers, or handpainted/dyed fiber?
Yes. You can't expect me to choose, can you?
12) What are you favorite colors?
I love purples, pinks, and the girly colors. Green and purple are second only to red and pink as my fave color combinations.
13) What colors do you dislike?
Orange and yellow do nothing for me.
14) What projects are you currently working on?
Umm, that list is kinda long. But the big ones are the Argyle Vest, and socks. Lots of socks. And the Sizzle tank.
15) Do you have a wishlist?
No, should I get one?
16) Do you have any other favorite hobbies?
I love to read.
17) Whens your birthday?(mm/dd) (Thanks Rach')
18) What is your favorite food, candy, scents that you love!! Etc.?
I love hot chocolate. And I have a tea fetish. Seriousy, I have lots of teapots, and I prefer loose tea. It makes me feel proper and British.
19) Are you pierced at all? Any tattoos? Can you/would you wear jewelery that isn't real?
I have my ears pierced, but no tattoos. And I love tacky fake jewelry.
20) What do you like Culturally, ex: Celtic, African, Devil Worshiping, Kidding!?
I'm pretty free of culture.
21) What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I keep my circs in a plastic case. My dpns and crochet hooks stay in the denim case I made.
22) What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
The music question is answered above, and I can play all sorts of music formats. I have a MAC and it loves music.
23) What's your favorite season and why?
I love Spring because it's not too hot and the days start to get longer.
24) What season do you abhor?
I loathe Winter. It's dark and cold and miserable.
25) How about Sports, any that you just cant get enough of or do they make you throw up in your mouth just a little?
I don't do sports.
26) What is your family situation Do you live alone?
I live with my girlfriend. In the gay sense.
27) Do you have any pets?
We have two cats, Ms. Betty Louise Plotnik (aka Kitty) and Sir Humphrey the Destroyer (aka Bogey).
28) Do you like handmade gifts?
29) What's your favorite thing to make, knit/crochet or other craft wise?
I love to make accessories. Socks, hats, mittens, legwarmers, etc. I love sweaters for the proccess of it and being able to show people I made a sweater.
30) Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circs. I love my Addis.
31) Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to both
32) Tell us how you learned to knit/crochet?
My best friend from high school, Rachel taught me. Now she doesn't knit, and I make her something green every year for Christmas and birthday. Because green is her fave color.
33) Do you enjoy getting helpful hints from others or does it just piss you off?
I like "helpful hint" but I don't promise I won't be pissed off.
34) How old is your oldest UFO?
2 years old
35) Is there anything that you collect?
36) Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Knitting Nature looks yummy. And Folk Shawls.
37) What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have if any?
I have Interweave and Vogue subscriptions.
38) Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Still haven't done the Intarsia
39) Do you enjoy knitting socks? How big are yer boats (feet)?
I adore socks. And my feet are size 9.5.
That's all folks.