Multiple Craftgasm

Wherein Karida knits, crochets, embroiders, quilts, does cross stitch, and paper craft (It's not scrapbooking damnit!). But mostly she knits.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Spam!


I was looking at my newbie blog and decided that it was seriously lacking in crafty content. So, below find vague updates on the projects I'm currently making. Now these are just the projects that are actively being made and within arm's reach of the bed. I'll not mention the 6 month old sweater in a bag under the bed (Oh Sugarplum pullover, why have you forsaken me?)

Anyway, projects. On the left, we have a collection of 34 crochet flowers for the store. Imagine a store window draped in a beautiful garland of crochet flowers. Now imagine making it. Not as much fun as the visual. But I'm chugging along, and I should be done soon. I used a random crochet flower motif pattern and Rowan cotton glace from my stash (see plastic bag of yarn at the top of the mess).

Above the flowers on the left is a summer wrap made in Artyarns Regal Silk, also from my stash (noticing a theme?). This shawl is my own pattern and will be used in the lace course I'm teaching at the store.

Next is a grumpy kitty. She's grumpy because I keep moving around and she wants to sleep. But only if she can do it on my lap. Just below her, is the beginning of the Bombshell sweater from Big Girl Knits in Rowan Calmer. Yarn is also from stash. Yes, I'll admit, I had an entire bag of Calmer in my stash.

In the center is a housewarming gift for a wonderful couple of friends who live nearby. They bought their house ages ago, but I'm just now making them something. Lame, I know. Anyway, it's cross stitch from Subversive Cross Stitch. Homo Sweet Homo is the pattern. Because I love me some gay jokes.

And the whole mess is on top of my Orangina, which is more V8 in color. Oh, Orangina. Everyone thinks I'm insane for knitting a top on 3mm needles in Rowan 4ply cotton, but I'm kinda loving it. The pattern is Stefanie Japel's from her website (Glampyre), and it's wonderful. The lace is simple enough to memorize, but detailed enough to keep it interesting. And the construction is so simple that it's easy to make changes. I've finished one panel, and I'm a few inches into the next one. Perfect summer top.

Now, I'm off to maybe do some work. Or maybe not. We'll see

2 Comments:

  • At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was so excited to find multiple craftgasm that I just crafted in my pants a little. Can't wait to read more about you crafting yourself out.

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger itgirl said…

    Sugarplum sweater has foresaken me, too. I blame you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home