Multiple Craftgasm

Wherein Karida knits, crochets, embroiders, quilts, does cross stitch, and paper craft (It's not scrapbooking damnit!). But mostly she knits.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Karida Does Breast Cancer. Awareness


So, I like pink. A lot. And pink is the color of breast cancer. Awareness. So I have a lot of pink breast cancer research stuff. It makes me wonder about all that money that I've apparently been donating to breast cancer. Awareness. I hope it actually goes to the research. And not just more money to the Kitchen Aid people. Anyway, my girlfriend, Erika bought me the mixer for Christmas two years ago. Her name is Maude, and her favorite thing to make is large amounts of whipped cream and pizza dough. She is pictured with her brand new friends, the colander and the kettle. The kettle is wearing a pretty knit and quilted potholder. The potholder is Rowan all seasons cotton from Mason Dixon Knitting. Then I backed it with batting and pretty polka dot fabric. Now on to actual knitting content.


Orangina progress. I've done like another inch. Not terribly impressive. But isn't she pretty. And look at that detail. Plus I did work out the math for the bust darts. Because my girls need shaping.


And I finished the stupid flowers. They're now attached and hanging in the window of the store. I'm not sure if I like it or not. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Cheryl:) said…

    I have that PINK kitchenaid mixer too!!!
    I love it. I bought it at an auction for $1

     

Post a Comment

<< Home