Multiple Craftgasm

Wherein Karida knits, crochets, embroiders, quilts, does cross stitch, and paper craft (It's not scrapbooking damnit!). But mostly she knits.

Monday, June 26, 2006

and the moral of the story is...

it could always be worse.

So last night, as with the night and day before, it rained in DC like it has never rained before. We're talking animals two by two, wrath of God torrential downpour. It rained so hard that Metro stations flooded, delaying trains. Streets closed all over town. It wasn't this bad in the hurricane in October 2003 (which was when I learned to knit).

Yesterday, in a break in the storm, Erika and I moved into a spacious and wonderful new apartment. But we left a lot of stuff in our old apartment because we don't have to be out until Friday. This morning when I went back to the old apartment to finish packing the last of our stuff, I found that for the first time in the last year that we lived there, the apartment had flooded. Picture stacks of boxes, mostly with books and clothes, sitting in an inch of water. Picture framed pictures and prints taken of the walls and leaning in a corner on the floor, also in an inch of water. Then picture how much worse it would have been in we hadn't already moved all the furniture out. So, it sucks, but it could be much worse.

In actual crafty news, before we started moving I defeated the evil bust shaping on the Bombshell. I'll post pictures and instructions as soon as I unearth my digital camera from the wreckage of moving.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger JohnK said…

    Yep, we're getting that much rain here too. Sorry about your stuff

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Genevieve said…

    I'm still having a hard time conceptualizing all the water. I'm glad you guys are okay though.

    xoxo

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Jscothammerquist said…

    Hey girl, I stumbled across your blog while googling the Bombshell.
    I started it yesterday and I am in love. Can't wait to see what's going on with yours. My be we can start a Bombskell knit along ?
    Come and check me out ( I work in a yarn store too !)
    Regards, Judy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home