Multiple Craftgasm

Wherein Karida knits, crochets, embroiders, quilts, does cross stitch, and paper craft (It's not scrapbooking damnit!). But mostly she knits.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Spam. A lot.

So, I'm always trying to get the ladies to get together to do the creativity excercises from Alterknits. And then everyone tells me I'm a big dork, and I'm okay with that. So, I have secretly done some of them by myself, and I'm posting the results of the most recent one. This is the Dream Knitting Party.

Instructions: If you could invite any three people (alive or dead) to hang out and knit with you, who would you invite and why? Assume they already know how to knit or would be willing to learn.

Result: I always botch instructions, so my party is a general crafting party and my guest list is more than three people. So, if I could host any party I want, it would be a crafty tea party with tiny cucumber sandwiches and delicate madeleine cookies that I made from scratch. I would serve pear flavored white tea because it's light and fruity. I would give people the option of spiking it with whisky. I would invite Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice because she's clever and funny, Tara from Buffy becauase she's sweet and I think she's more snarky than she seems, Mac from Veronica Mars because she I think she's super-crafty, and The Donnas because they're hard-drinking and I think girls who stick together that long must be awesome. Jessica Vikus woudl coordinate the projects because her book, AlternaCrafts is awesome and she was inspired to craft by Molly Ringwald in Pretty In Pink, and I love that.

Now I tag Rebecca to do the same excercise, since she is as dorky as me and likes the creativity exercises too. R, you're it! And anyone else (blogless people) should do it too and post it in the comments.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thanks for the invite jerk. i hope that the crappy soft punk of the donnas ruins your jerky jerk party and all your jerk guests run over to my party where i'll kick them out for being jerks

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger TOS said…

    Wow! Very cool!

     
  • At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Omigod, thanks for letting me be part of your dream craft party. So psyched you liked the book! -- Jessica V., author of AlternaCrafts

     

Post a Comment

<< Home