Multiple Craftgasm

Wherein Karida knits, crochets, embroiders, quilts, does cross stitch, and paper craft (It's not scrapbooking damnit!). But mostly she knits.

Friday, June 23, 2006

bad words and birthdays



Libby's super secret birthday present isn't a secret anymore. Instead it's just Libby's super belated birthday present. Her birthday was last Sunday, and I'm still not done. But I should be finished by the time she's back in town on Monday. And the project is embroidered cherries on napkins that I bought at Target. Super cute, no?

In terms of bad words, I decided I'm taking back the word patriot from right wing jerks. I always get all twitchy around this time of year with July 4 coming up and Juneteenth just past. So patriotism has become the property of nativist, conservative, extremists, fundamentalists, and pandering politicians. And it sucks. So, while we're taking back pink from breast cancer and reclaiming the rainbow for all people who love bright colors, I think we should take back the word patriot. Because I love this country so hard even if I hate some of the things it does. Fuck you Pat Roberts.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    I *love* the embroidered cherries you did! Lovely!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home