Multiple Craftgasm

Wherein Karida knits, crochets, embroiders, quilts, does cross stitch, and paper craft (It's not scrapbooking damnit!). But mostly she knits.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Fo' shizzle my knizzles (actual knitting content)

Bombshell and I are on hiatus. We're taking a break and seeing other people. Our relationship will resume after a reasonable separation period. I'm thinking August 15. Because right now, our lives are just going in different directions. Below find my new commitments.

First, the Deep V Argyle vest by Eunny. We're in it for the long haul. I'm thinking serious long-term relationship. We're still not monagamous yet, but the courtship is quite nice. My first fair isle project and I'm in love with the pattern as well as the quick slip and slide of the multiple strands of yarn through my fingers. The BS Sportweight Alpaca is perfectly suited to this project. So soft and just the right amount of tension. Lovely.



This is the Sizzle tank pattern. A Wendy Johnson pattern that Jess has re-named Fo' Shizzle. So that's what I call it in my head. And then I make a rap song about knitting in my head. Fo' Shizzle is a summer fling. Short and sweet. I'm halfway through the back of it. I'm using the Cascade Pima Silk. It's a bit fuzzier than I'd like, but I think it'll chill out once it's blocked.


And this. My back-up project. Kinda like a back-up date. That guy in high school you knew you could count on for a last minute Homecoming date. The Duckie to my Andie (you can tell I watched Pretty in Pink this weekend). It's not to say I don't love it. It's just that I only work on it when watching TV. And now, I only work on it when I'm watching old Buffy the Vampire Slayer eps with Rebecca. So, there's no sense of urgency. It's the Counterpane Carpetbag from Handknit Holidays and it's actually much better looking than this picture suggests. The colors are a lot warmer. It's Handmaiden Stretto yarn and the bag will be much smaller than the one pictured in the book. No hurries to finish it, but it's a fun knit.



And why didn't anyone tell me I sound like a cross between a crazed stalker and demented fangirl in the last post?

3 Comments:

  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    We didn't tell you because we're all demented stalker fan girls...

    Bummer on the bombshell. I haven't touched mine in weeks... and the red/black looks super!

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger itgirl said…

    i so can't wait until friday night's buffy soiree....

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger MsFortuknit said…

    NICE work and great colors!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home