Multiple Craftgasm

Wherein Karida knits, crochets, embroiders, quilts, does cross stitch, and paper craft (It's not scrapbooking damnit!). But mostly she knits.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

crafty bastard


So in the last two weeks, I've been frantically dyeing yarn. Because in July, I decided to start a business. A yarn business. And Hannah is my partner. And we've been experimenting and playing with yarn and visiting alpaca farms and dealing with vendors all leading up to this. The first public sale of our yarn. Here it is yesterday all wound and ready to go.

Right now, I'm at the store while the yarn is at the Crafty Bastards Fair in Adams Morgan at the Stitch DC booth. Wish us luck as I worry ceaselessly and try to resist calling Jess or Libby to see how it's going.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger MsFortuknit said…

    How exciting! I hope that everything goes great! That yearn looks delicious! Is it for sale to us as well?

    Congrats with the business!

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Hannah Six said…

    What a great picture--it shows off the colors so well. I love how rich and deep they look. Next year we'll have our own table at Crafty Bastards...Can't wait!

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger Zenknitter LesleyD said…

    Awesome colors!!

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey, no plans thiscomming weekend! you working? I'm looking to keep it cheap and lay low....will you be at the shop?
    Sorry I missed Tuesday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home