Multiple Craftgasm

Wherein Karida knits, crochets, embroiders, quilts, does cross stitch, and paper craft (It's not scrapbooking damnit!). But mostly she knits.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bastards

This is the email I got from the people at the Crafty Bastards Arts and Crafts Fair:

Dear Crafty Bastards Applicant,

Thank you for applying to the Crafty Bastards Arts & Crafts Fair. Sadly, we can't
take you this year. Our jury judged a field of 400 applications from crafters of all
types and was limited to accepting 100 vendors. We love the indie craft community
and encourage everyone to keep on crafting!

Thank you again for applying. We wish you luck in your craft and hope to see you in
the future!

Sincerely,

The Crafty Bastards Crew

At the risk of sounds terribly self-important, wtf? Am I not crafty enough? Is my bastard status in question? I mean, don't they know who I am???

Crazy rant ended.

I've been actually working on lots of knitting and exciting projects, but they are sooper dooper sekrit. So, details coming after July 27.

In the meantime, bask in the glow of my bag lady glory.

The delightful Flo from Lexie Barnes. I could write an ode to Lexie Barnes. The prints! The colors! The amazing indestructability!

For I am Karida, the Destroyer of All Things. Seriously, I can break, rip, stain, or otherwise ruin anything. So my bags tend to get trashed quickly, which makes me reluctant to spend more than $20 on any fabric bag. But Lexie's bags are reinforced and made of water-resistent fabric. And still cute enough for me to carry around without looking like a school kid with a backpack.

7 Comments:

  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger sarah lou said…

    i would snap fervently along with your ode to lexie, i heart my bag so much... and i am also rough on them...

    also? those bastardly craft people are bastards... you rock the hand-dyes and so much more!

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Mistress Nutmeg said…

    ...living up to their name. you are more than a crafty bastard you are a crafty dyeing yarn whore!

    -Is that too bold for only hanging out with you once? We had beers and you put my knits on your head!-

    Keep it up.

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Apparently, they're not aware of crafty and bastardy you can really be. (insert John Stewart voice here) DAMN THEM!!! (shakes fist threateningly)

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    Well, shit. I just bought my plane ticket, too!

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Leah said…

    Well that sucks! Sorry they denied you. Obviously they have no clue!

    I like the lexie barnes bag! I ordered 2 of the offhand designs bags at TNNA (though I'm sure they are highly destructable)& I love my lesportsac bags (pretty indestructable) but I'll keep the lexie barnes bag in mind for future purchases.

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is some whack @$$ bull$#!t! I really, really want to write an angry letter... They wouldn't know crafty if it SHAT in their faces!

    :P

     
  • At 6:57 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Oh, Karida, I have bag envy.

    As for those crafty bastards, they seriously are missing out on the diva yarn dyer. Screw them.

    Come to Ohio and we'll have real fun!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home